The Original Blog O' Jean

Also known, at various life stages, as Random Thought Process, RitalinJunkie, and JeanJeanie.Net.

Monday, June 26, 2000

I changed my mind. I'll tell you what I did over the weekend, because I am not ashamed. In fact, I think it's a good thing that I simply had better things to do all this time.

I took down my Christmas tree.

Yes, that's right. Little more than a week from Independence Day, I undecorated and disassembled the damn tree, and packed it all away. I finally got tired enough of looking at it to do something about it.

I considered leaving it up all year, so I wouldn't have to mess with putting it up again around Christmas. I also considered redecorating it for each holiday between now and Christmas; but to redecorate it I'd first have to undecorate it, and once I did that, the worst part of it, I might as well just take it all down. So I did. And that, my dear strangers, is how I spent my weekend.

I've a feeling that tree won't be going back up this Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home