The Original Blog O' Jean

Also known, at various life stages, as Random Thought Process, RitalinJunkie, and JeanJeanie.Net.

Monday, August 12, 2002

Lately I've been jonesing to go back to London. I've always wanted to go back someday (come what may), but I think between reading the fic at London Calling and watching too much BBC-America and going through the photos of my last trip, combined with just a general wanting to go somewhere, it's getting bad. I'm sitting here drinking coffee out of my London Underground mug ("You can't beat the system!"), which is really not helping.

Actually, at this point? I'd be happy with a quickie road trip to somewhere fairly local. I hate being broke. Plus, only a week left till classes start and I've still tons and tons of stuff to get done before that happens, so now's really not a good time to think about taking a vacation. Tess keeps talking about charging a trip to New York for our 30th birthdays (hers is the day after mine) in April, but as cool as that would be I'll still be in school and gearing up for finals and working on end-of-term projects, so I don't know how realistic that is. Maybe if we plan to go during Spring Break (although I'm hoping to spend that at SXSW with the band) or right after the term is over (and I'm hopefully all graduated and stuff). I've also seen that James Marsters is scheduled to be at two different cons next year that it might not be impossible for me to get to. And I've got friends all over the place that are always bugging me to come and visit. The closest and easiest to get to of those would be eep and Whofleck.

I shouldn't even be talking about this, as broke as I am and as busy as I'm about to become. But, damn, people. I don't know if I can hold out a whole 'nother year without taking a vacation of some sort. Meanwhile, my craving for all things London is turning me into an Anglophile, which is kinda scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home